Re: SURVEY: VN cultural values (fwd)

>Generally speaking, which three cultural values
>are most emphasized in Vietnamese culture
>(or whatever your native culture is)?
>	(1)Intelligence
>	(2)Craftsmanship
>	(3)Perseverance

Dear Survey Taker -

I am trying to write about the Vietnamese Culture (Since that was your
request) - however I need to give you some background. I am half Vietnamese
and Half Caucasian. My parents and our whole family lived in Viet Nam till
just before the fall of Saigon. My father (Caucasian) passed away 6 months
after
we came to the United States and I was 3 years old at the time.

Therefore, what I know of Viet Nam from direct experience is practically
Nil- what I know of VN and the VN culture comes from what my mother tells me
and the way we were raised while living and growing up in this country. I know
now that my mothers views were affected by being a suddenly single mother and
having to raise 4 boys in a "Foreign" (to her) country while this "Forgeign"
country (USA) was the only one I knew.

My answers therefore are strongly influenced by my background, which
I have now sufficiently bored you with. (Darn preposition at the end of a
sentence again).

Anonymously Yours,

Bobby
<email>