RE:Injecting Drug Use and HIV

For peoples information and a small call for other networks

My name is Peter Higgs and I have been lurking on this list for the past
year or so.  Sometimes I have added the odd piece in relation to HIV
usually signed Ha. Tho+

Anyway I have just been employed by the MacFarlane Burnet Centre (here in
Melbourne) to do some project work on Vietnamese Injecting Drug Users and
education around HIV & hep C transmission.  It will be our task to
produce educational material as well as to train 'peer educators' to do
lost of the educational at a street level.

I am keen to link in with any other researchers and or comunity workers
who are doing work in this area - especially here in Australia but also
in other parts of the world.  Even work that has been done with other
communities in Asia would be helpful.

Some people may also be intersted to know that 'Street Wise' comics spent
some time in VN recently producing a series of comics around the issue of
HIV and AIDS.  A friend has just brought home some copies from her latest
trip to VN.  I am yet to see them but 'Street Wise' have pruduced some
great material for young people here and so it should be interesting.  If
people would like to know more perhaps they can email me

<email>

cha\o for now

peter