visit to Viet Nam

Hi, People.
Chris Fox's note of  Tue, 10 Dec 1996 occasions this from me:
I will be leaving in two weeks for Saigon, the beginning of a month in Viet Nam.
Though I've traveled extensively throughout SE Asia, etc., this is my first time
in Viet Nam.  With Chris, I ask for your recommendations of "any other places
people would care to recommend.  I also want to get out of the city and see the
countryside, and just immerse in the beauty and the wonder that is Viet Nam."
Roughly, I'm planning some time in HCMC, then down to the Mekong Delta, several
days on Reunificattion Express up to Hanoi, overnighting at interesting places
along the way.  I have a hope I might arrange for several days over in
Vientianne, flying from/to Hanoi.
Feel free to post directly to me at <email> Advance thanks for any
suggestions you might give.          David Hogarth
To know a bit of me, my Home Page:  http://web.mit.edu/davidh/www