NTK's Untitled

Occasionally one can find a nice poem or two amidst the garbage
on soc.culture.vietnamese.  I'd like to share with you a little
something that touches me in its simplicity.  I've attempted a
poor English translation below, perhaps because I can relate to
the poem somewhat when at times in Boston Chinatown I find myself
passing by a certain street corner ... even when I have no love
to take along to feel the split in my heart, and he had never
been my love to have become my ex either ... and yet I can feel
that soggy feeling inside, day and night, rain or no rain ....

Cambridge, on a gray drizzly day of December,
Vinh

KHO^NG DDE^`

DDu+a ngu+o+`i ye^u qua nha` ngu+o+`i ye^u cu~
Trong co+n mu+a ban tru+a
Tha^'y ho^`n mi`nh ta'ch tha`nh hai nu+?a
Nu+?a u+o+'t ba^y gio+` nu+?a u+o+'t xa xu+a.

NGUYE^~N THUY. KHA
(tri'ch tu+` ta^.p  THO+ TI`NH TUO^?I DDANG YE^U, NXB Va(n Ho.c)

UNTITLED

Passing by my ex's as I take my love along
under an afternoon rain,
I feel my spirit split in halves,
the one now all drenched, the other already drenched from long ago.

translated by Nguyen Quoc Vinh