PHP Bulletin Board Home
News Links About Home
Features of phpBB Test drive phpBB Downloads Support for phpBB The phpBB Community Styles for customising phpBB 3rd party modifications to phpBB
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin
Badword List .... Finally Released (!!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbelaJohnB
phpBB Group Member
phpBB Group Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Badword List .... Finally Released (!!) Reply with quote

Hello Everyone.

After having my 'badword list' off-line for the last month (or so), I finally decided to spend some time and totally rewrite it for phpBB2 !!

Now, my -previous- list (for phpBB1.x) had over 680 entries icon_exclaim.gif however, due to wildcards (*) within phpBB2, I've been able to narrow it down to about 300 entries.

Now, there are a few things to remember here folks....

1) phpBB2 uses preg_replace, so the longer your list of badwords is, the longer it will take the server to 'filter' every post that is made.

We (the phpBB Group) have not done -any- official "benchmark test", so we really cannot say many much load-time a -huge- list of badwords is going to slow down your server. I personally, would be interested in some -proven- benchmark test results.

Anyway, I run a dedicated quad-server, all 1gigs with 1gig of RAM, so my entire list doesn't affect page-load-time... but your server may take longer, just be fore-warned.

Suffice to say... if there are words in my list that you feel you do not need... simply remove them from the 'SQL-Dump'! Problem Solved!

2) If there are words you feel shouldn't be in there... don't come complaining to me!

I only supply the list... with people from around the world adding to it.
If you don't like a word, take it out, please don't come to me and whine.

3) I understand some people have not used the default 'table prefix' of: phpbb_ SO, I added a little feature there to allow you to create a SQL-Dump, with your own table name. (Gee, aren't I nice!)

4) Lastly.... Folks.... I just don't understand why this always happens... but someone always seems to be an idiot about this... .so let me just deal with it now....

If you send me a "hey, I went to the URL and it was full of BAD WORDS !!" .... All I can say is....

"Duh! What kind of an idiot are you! If you click on a link that is full of "badwords"... don't you think there is a remote chance that it'll have BAD WORDS!!!"

Ok, here is your LAST WARNING.....

THIS LINK (CLICK HERE) CONTAINS BAD WORDS.... PLEASE VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!

Official MOD Database | MOD Template (Tutorial) | Buy phpBB Stuff
Please Do Not PM Me For Installing/Bugs of MODS
View users profile Send private message
AbelaJohnB
phpBB Group Member
phpBB Group Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update Of New Words Added:

titty
phuck
merde (French, I hope<grin>)
zabourah (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
sharmute (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
sharmuta (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
qaHbeh (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
mibun (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
mamhoon (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
chraa (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
ayir (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
atouche (Arabic, I hope<grin>)
pusse
lesbo
teez
*dyke

If you speak a specific language, and would like to share with me a list of 'bad words' in your native language, please send me a PM at: abela@phpbb.com and I will get them added.

Thank You.

pfco

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Bad Words List Location??? Reply with quote

I would like to know the location of the bad words list on PHPBB2 so I can c&p the list you offered into the script. Sorry I am a newbie at this...:)

Thanks alot!

Joe
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
AbelaJohnB
phpBB Group Member
phpBB Group Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acquire phpMyAdmin, or phpPgAdmin, or even use commend-line if you prefer.... then at my site, go to the 'SQL Dump Of BadWords' link, then enter your table prefix, and grab the big SQL dump. Then just copy and paste it into your phpBB phpMyAdmin/PgAdmin and your good-to-go.

Later.

Armee25
phpBB2 Groupie in training

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a question... if a person writes one of these bad words but in caps... would it still be filtered?
zeroisgod

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it will catch it if they type it in caps or mix the caps

BADWORD = will catch
BaDwoRd = will catch

all the words are replaced with *beep*
which you can change should you feel the need, bu changing the *beep* in each line of the dump to another word
ldivinag

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbelaJohnB wrote:
Acquire phpMyAdmin, or phpPgAdmin, or even use commend-line if you prefer.... then at my site, go to the 'SQL Dump Of BadWords' link, then enter your table prefix, and grab the big SQL dump. Then just copy and paste it into your phpBB phpMyAdmin/PgAdmin and your good-to-go.

Later.

another front end for MYSQL is the MYSQLFRONT

http://www.anse.de/mysqlfront/

only thing it cant do well is user admin... otherwise... full blown client that doesnt need a browser...

UPDATE: oops... well i stand corrected. i was running a VERY old version. the new one 2.2 does EDIT USERS... which the past version didnt...

2 THUMBS up from me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpBB.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: