Visit the GamerDad homepage. GamerDad
A Bird! A Plane! A... Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hilarious Gaming Moments (intended or not)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
txa1265

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Hilarious Gaming Moments (intended or not) Reply with quote

So I was at EBGames late last week, and managed to *not* buy Lost Magic for the DS (yay!), but ended up buying Seal of Evil for the PC (boo!), but at least I got it *really* cheap (yay ... sorta).

Anyway, here is a game with a demo more than 18 months old finally getting a US release. And one thing from the demo I remembered was that the voice acting was bad ... really bad. That was intact - the actors sounded like they had no idea what the words meant, they were just forming the sounds.

So I come across one of those 'soda out of the nose' moments when the main character (Lan Wei) is talking to some people at the Inn - oh just take a look:
... now here is a young girl voice-acted by a young Chinese girl with a very sweet voice who seems to not know what she is saying ... priceless!

It made me think of another one I had captured. In Oblivion, the Radiant AI can have wonderful effects - or rediculous ones. In this case I walked out of Skingrad only to see the horse standing on top of the sheep. I was about to take the screenshot when this guy comes by and turns his head to look at the scene almost as if he had noticed how silly it all was. I only caught him as he was starting to turn, but it was another priceless moment.

What about you - anything fun to share?

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alpern

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when Gamerdad first started, I got to review The Great Escape for PCs.

Man, that game was awful.

The ragdoll physics were messed up - you'd shoot a nazi, and he'd crumple to the ground with one leg sticking straight up into the air like a Monty Python sketch.

And the camera angles - I managed to capture a screenshot of Steve McQueen climbing a ladder (they modeled him from the movie), and the camera panned in for a closeup of his butt.

And my favorite - the clipping errors were CONSTANT. I managed to get a screenshot where a german shepherd overlapped Steve McQueen, and appeared to be emerging from his butt.

Sadly, I think I've deleted all of those screen captures.
Tater-Dad

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one just came up yesterday...spiderman 2...and the stealth coroners! you can pan the camera away, and back and they're gone!
txa1265

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad ragdoll is always an easy grab ... I had some cool screens from Postal 2 and Medal of Honor Pacific Assault like that - one in Postal 2 had a guy bent backwards like he was doing the limbo ... great stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FastCargo

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one from the multiplayer world.

A friend and I are playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast multiplayer on a LAN. Now, I had more experience in the game, so I'm doing really good against him.

We're playing on the map that has a LOT of drop offs, ledges, etc. Anyway, I'm chasing him on a ledge. He runs around the corner with me in hot pursuit...and I run straight into a couple of mines he had set up eariler!! They blew me right off the ledge to my demise! I fell out of my chair laughing because he had set me up so perfectly...I keep imaging the look on my face had to have been priceless...

FastCargo
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Quake 2 Reply with quote

OK, so I remember REALLY OLD games Wink. For those who don't remember, Quake 2 had some pretty serious clipping issues and also some fun rag-doll poses. There are two times that really stand out in my mind, though. One was with 8 of us in a multiplayer on a killing field level where just about everyone ended up dying in the same room. Since the bodies took a while to fade out, we ended up with piles all over and limbs sticking out everywhere and some bodies that looked like they had heads at both ends and a pair of legs coming out where the arms were. After a while we made a rule that no one was allowed to shoot anywhere but that room Cool! Rolling on the floor funny!

The other one was one of my greatest moments in the game. Most of the guys I played with regularly were a lot better than I, so I ended up dead pretty often. But there was this one time where I came around a corner and caught one of them doing a rocket-assisted jump over a huge chasm. I caught him in mid-air (also with a rocket) as I tore around the corner. The funny part was that his body ended up not only staying up there, but since the rocket blast blew him sideways a bit, he ended up halfway into the cliff wall with a leg and his upper torso hanging out from it. Of course, I hung out admiring my handiwork too long and ended up getting shot from behind, but it was worth it! Very Happy
Tater-Dad

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this ones totally intended but from a vampire vs werewolf game online

"Angelique Beau Pre furiously attacks Captain Nibbles but trips on a shoelace and misses by a mile."

Monsters Game there's the link if you want to play along...kinda lame though, but it passes the time....I'm Captain Nibbles Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GamerDad Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: