Hepurn Heartburn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Second Life Sailing Federation Forum Index -> Mowry Bay Yacht Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane Fossett

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Hepurn Heartburn Reply with quote

Its not possible to hotlap the Hepurn race course. When I try to sail across the Hepurn/ Jasckle sim border, I crash out of SL.
I understand everyone else is having the same problem (everyone... all three of you...).
I know this isn't a big deal, and we can sail other places. However, is there more we can do to get this fixed so we can sail Mowry?
Saxxon recently announced he wanted to start a new race series soon. To do that, we need to get the Hepurn Course working again!
Where should we send letters to get this fixed?
[PS: and when that's fixed, I still want a windsetter closer to the start line...)
Elisha Paklena

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owen Oyen, along with Pixleen and Espresso, has been significant in trying to get LL to iron out the problems with vehicles entering Jasckle sim. Apparently, Jasckle was not the only sim with his issue; part of the Sanchon long course was also unsailable for the same reason. This has been going on for almost a month now, and while Sanchon is working again (from what I understand), even after several restarts Jasckle is still busted. Espresso and Owen have filed bug and concierge reports to LL.

This -is- a severe irritation, and one that apparently isn't that known to others with announced sailing ambitions who may not have actually attempted to sail out of the bay in recent times...

Windsetter closer to the line would be nice. Personally, I'd rather have the Adriatic line working again... historically, since the line in Hepburn was on LL water, vehicle rezzing happened in Mowry, well within the reach of the windsetter there.

elishacat.blogspot.com
Jane Fossett

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elisha Paklena wrote:
Owen Oyen, along with Pixleen and Espresso, has been significant in trying to get LL to iron out the problems with vehicles entering Jasckle sim. ... This has been going on for almost a month now...

Hi Elisha!
Yes, I spoke with Owen about it, and I'm aware that you, Espress, and Pix have been agitating LL about the problem.
I wanted to bring this up in the Forum since many SLSF readers aren't aware of the issue.
A shutdown of the Hepurn course, I think, affects all serious SL sailors
[is "Serious SL Sailors" an oxymoron?].
We should all work to get the Mowry Race course functional again!
Elisha Paklena

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owooo. According to Owen, overnight LL did something else to Jasckle, and it seems to be working again! Yay! Smile I haven't been able to personally verify this and not sure I'll be able to get to it today or not, but... this looks much better for Mowry sailing and the state of the seas in general.

=^_^=

elishacat.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Second Life Sailing Federation Forum Index -> Mowry Bay Yacht Club All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: