Login

Not a member yet? Click here to register!
Username:
Password:

CVG NETWORK

CVG
Games Radar
Edge Online
PSW Magazine
PSM3 Magazine
PC Zone Magazine
Xbox World 360 Magazine
NGamer Magazine
PC Gamer Magazine
CheatStation
Forums
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - on Wii
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic - View next topic  
Mogs
Kudos: 27

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Well this is potentially awesome, but also potentially hugely disappointing. Learn from the mistakes of Red Steel: NO VAGUE MOVEMENTS TO TRIGGER PREDETERMINED MOVES!!! No 'waggle this direction 3 times to perform combo'. For this to be worth it, how you move the controller must be replicated by the character in the game.

Oh yeah, and make a PC version too! Mad
potnoodle1
Kudos: 24

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this is probably exactly how the game will play. Just flick the controller from side to side to perform a slash attack, move the nunchuk towards the screen to perform force push etc etc. It'd be cool if it was free form and the saber would just follow your arm movements, but I just can't see it happening.
Mogs

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Then they are lost!
Tonyb
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Nah, i reckon this could be the perfect game to make use of the Wii controller..lightsabres at the ready!!
dandoc2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 5:49 pm Reply with quote

£10 says this game will be rubbish and be worse than red steel control wise
deadmartyr
Kudos: 41

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 5:55 pm Reply with quote

I'm a bit concerned - I was hoping such a lightsabre-based Wii title would be a completely new game, seperate from other platforms, perhaps in some sort of first person view. This probably will be some basic mechanic as said above.
Tonyb
Kudos: 19

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 6:12 pm Reply with quote

You're all cynics...if they mess up a licence like the "Star Wars" one which obviously looks tailor-made for the Wii controller then they really do deserve a kicking & your tenner "dandoc!"...having said that, surely Lucasfilm & Nintendo's QA departments can't both let a "turkey" be released, can they??
Richyrich316
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 6:47 pm Reply with quote

You guys comments are very negative considering nothing else about the game has been revealed as yet as I am getting a Wii soon I am looking forward to this being a quality title to add to the likes of metroid & mario galaxy.

Lets just hope that Lucas do the game justice on Wii
j.bullingham
Kudos: 23

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 7:07 pm Reply with quote

i'm not sure if it would suit being a first person game, or third person view. online dual modes would be a great idea though.
breadbin
Kudos: 4

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 7:23 pm Reply with quote

this was the one game i brought a wii for, well to be fair everything else has been pretty shit.
it better be good or im selling the thing.
alexkidd
Kudos: 28

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 8:30 pm Reply with quote

the thing is they said things like unique and wii specific which so far have meant shit rushed graphics and added waggle. I just hope that the game looks impressive obviously it cant be 360/ps3 but it better look a lot better than 3rd party games to date. as far as motion control goes if its pretty close to 1:1 then that would be cool but somewhere between red steel and 1:1 could work really well
satosteel2
Kudos: 8

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 9:23 pm Reply with quote

lets hope they spend more than 5 mins on the graphics,and if this is coming out on ps2 expect the usual ps2 port(lazy).roll on metriod prime proper wii game.
unforgetable
Kudos: 30

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 9:24 pm Reply with quote

I was at Star Wars Celebration Europe and they didn't say anything this game. But I sure hope this game is good
dandoc2
Kudos: 31

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 9:36 pm Reply with quote

deadmartyr wrote:
I'm a bit concerned - I was hoping such a lightsabre-based Wii title would be a completely new game, seperate from other platforms, perhaps in some sort of first person view. This probably will be some basic mechanic as said above.

Im sorry but name 1 good lightsaber game star wars game

Only thing that comes to mind is jedi outcase which was rubbish
Mogs

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 9:41 pm Reply with quote

dandoc2 wrote:
deadmartyr wrote:

Wash your mouth out! Jedi Outcast was awesome (I presume you played a shitty console version? Rolling Eyes )
Johnny_5
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 10:13 pm Reply with quote

dandoc2 wrote:
deadmartyr wrote:

What about dark forces 2: Jedi knight? That is not only a good lightsaber game but also one of the best Star Wars games ever made. IMO it is up there with X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and KOTOR. Anyway this is great news for the Wii and could be amazing but i am a little concerned that LA has just come out with this news now? Kinda makes me think this will be a rushed job and the game will suck.
deadmartyr
Kudos: 41

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 11:15 pm Reply with quote

Johnny_5 wrote:
dandoc2 wrote:
deadmartyr wrote:

What about dark forces 2: Jedi knight? That is not only a good lightsaber game but also one of the best Star Wars games ever made. IMO it is up there with X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and KOTOR. Anyway this is great news for the Wii and could be amazing but i am a little concerned that LA has just come out with this news now? Kinda makes me think this will be a rushed job and the game will suck.

Dark Forces 2 was indeed great - and had decent lightsaber battling for its time, though if you left Katarn still with a lightsaber he'd automatically deflect most blasts against him.

And Dandoc, I don't understand your reply to me - I never named a good lightsaber-based game. It's just the idea for such a Wii focused one has been anticipated for a long time, and I think it's fair to have thought it was going to a Wii exclusive and tailored game.

And there's no reason why such focus couldn't produce a great game, and I feel that it would be best in first person, purely for deflecting back lasers and for blocking opposing lightsabers. And I doubt you're going to do that in Force Unleashed, or to such an extent.
quain-chi
Kudos: 25

PostPosted: 18 Sep 07 11:16 pm Reply with quote

Johnny_5 wrote:
dandoc2 wrote:
deadmartyr wrote:

Or perhaps they wanted to nail the controls before announcing the game, so that if it worked out badly then they could cancel it and nobody would be the wiser.
Brock_Dainjer
Kudos: 12

PostPosted: 19 Sep 07 12:59 am Reply with quote

They've let out a lot of info about this game, right down to tech demos of their new technologies that will be at work in this game, and will probably be seen first in the indiana jones game. The problem is that the scope of the game and its new tech is just way too much for the wii. I own one, and I often wonder why i do. Their low quality games with shitty controls are everywhere, and i honestly don't see why people are shitting themselves silly over the system. The ideas of having enemies with "nervous systems" and materials that break apart realistically and differently every time are pretty serious routines, and will be sick on the ps3 and 360. It flat out won't work on the wii, not without massive reductions in quality.
ste hicky

PostPosted: 19 Sep 07 4:35 am Reply with quote

it'll be a ps2 quality port with motion controls tacked on but i'll be interested to see how this turns out,have to agree with the guy above as well,it needs a 1st person mode.after all the doubts (and i don't blame anyone for having them)i'll leave on a bit of a positive : just think, deflecting lasers while picking up and force-choking stormtroopers at the same time.if it works,oh man...
a3HeadedMonkey
Kudos: 22

PostPosted: 19 Sep 07 5:42 am Reply with quote

ste hicky wrote:
it'll be a ps2 quality port...

What are you on about?! It doesn't say anything about being a PS2 port. It just states it'll be on the Wii. I assume this is the same game we heard about a little while ago except we had no details of it. Confused

Brock_Dainjer wrote:
The problem is that the scope of the game and its new tech is just way too much for the wii. I own one, and I often wonder why i do. Their low quality games with shitty controls are everywhere, and i honestly don't see why people are shitting themselves silly over the system. The ideas of having enemies with "nervous systems" and materials that break apart realistically and differently every time are pretty serious routines, and will be sick on the ps3 and 360. It flat out won't work on the wii, not without massive reductions in quality.

Who says the Wii won't be able to handle it? Are you a lead programmer at Lucasarts? No, thought not. Just more mindless (negative) speculation. Rolling Eyes The XBOX1 runs some pretty similar physics to these in Half Life 2... ie)glass shattering & the Havok physics engine. & if you've seen any of Metroid Prime 3 or Mario Galaxy you can see the Wii should easily be able to pull off XBOX1 capabilities. As for crappy/gimmicky controls, fuckwits like yourself were saying exactly the same thing about the DS during it's 1st year! Like the Wii, it too had a load of crap, "tacked on" controls untill developers started making proper use of it's control method. The same applies here. The Wii ain't no Eye Toy mate & in a year or so you're gonna look like a complete twat! (well, more so than you do now at least..if that's possible. Confused ) As for you owning a Wii.. Why would you buy a console that you thought had a "shitty control system"? I'll tell you why... Because you didn't. In actual fact, you're some kind of PS3/360 fanboy who is pissed due to the rediculously high Wii sales. So you're on here posing as a Wii owner to try & make your comment viable because you know fanboy's get no respect here & quite right to.

I've been waiting for this official conformation for some time now & I'll remain optimistic untill anything arises that persuades me to think otherwise. Why are some people so negative? It beggars belief it really does. I hope (& I expect they will) they take a good look at Red Steel's swordplay & gamers reactions to it so they can get the movement of the lightsaber right.

I'm pretty excited by this news, I just wish I hadn't read some of the comments posted by some of the morons on this site.. complete waste of my time really.

All in all, a positive article that I & many others have been waiting for. I hope we hear some more about it soon! Very Happy

(God it better be first person.) Shocked Confused

Jesus Christ! There ain't half some f**king donkeys that post on this site!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Necros
Kudos: 13

PostPosted: 19 Sep 07 7:25 am Reply with quote

Just release it for the PC too, nothing else matters... Wink
timestops
Kudos: 16

PostPosted: 19 Sep 07 1:00 pm Reply with quote

all i want to do is slice jar jar & small anakin in half.
SDDowns

PostPosted: 19 Sep 07 3:33 pm Reply with quote

"We've worked hard to make the Wii version of the game unique in order to truly let you unleash the Force."

You let this quote go without a witty (or cheesey) joke, and you call yourself a video games journalist... I. Am. Shocked!

Game could be fun, though they'll have to get the lightsabre's right: one on one control or nothing at all please.
ste hicky

PostPosted: 19 Sep 07 3:48 pm Reply with quote

[quote="a3HeadedMonkey"]
ste hicky wrote:
it'll be a ps2 quality port...

What are you on about?! It doesn't say anything about being a PS2 port. It just states it'll be on the Wii. I assume this is the same game we heard about a little while ago except we had no details of it. Confused i said it will (probably) be a port of ps2-like QUALITY,not a ps2 port.

Last edited by ste hicky on 19 Sep 07 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Comments All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: