Inventor Spot
Welcome to the Forum for Inventorspot.com.
Best Invention Website and Most Popular Forum and Website for Independent Inventors.

Want to connect with other inventors and innovators? Need advice about your invention idea and or need help with the invention process? If you need tips and other information on how to patent your invention idea, build prototypes, market and find licensing partners for your inventions, InventorSpot.com can help you.

Join us to discuss the latest invention events, invention contests and invention shows and chat about the latest inventions, innovations and ideas featured on InventorSpot.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome message for first time visitors!

The SeaSaver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> Inventor Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maniac
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: The SeaSaver Reply with quote

Looking for persons to help with a great idea. Trust me I know already that everybody says their idea is great and that the hardest step in the process is getting someone with money to believe in you. Please believe that this is a great idea and that it's worth looking into. I have been exposing this idea for quite some time. Everybody that has looked at this invention thinks it's great idea and says it has good market potential. If you are interested in this invention please send me a post for more details. For those that don't know about the idea or invention, it is a boat top that can be detached from the boat and used as lifeboat in an emergency situation. It has already been patent and it is Coast Guard approved. We do have a functional prototype We have tested in the Gulf of Mexico and it worked flawlessly.
Scrupulous
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey maniac,

I like your tenacity.

One of the first questions I had was how secure is it to the boat, and what features on it make the SeaSaver 'one-size-fits-all'?

Maybe there isn't enough to the SeaSaver for people to take the risk of getting involved financially. I mean, buying one is a lot different than investing the money to have it manufactured.

I think a lot would depend on how it's made. It looks like you're talking about a boat-load of plastic. The larger a product is, the more defects you can have, in materials and workmanship. I'm curious. How exactly do you expect it to be mass-produced to the point where it makes you a profit? My gues is that you would need to sell it for hundreds of dollars, if not thousands.

Have you thought of pulling it behind a ski boat for recreation?

Have you thought of putting a tent onto it, for emergencies in inclement weather?

If you tell me what the patent number is, I can tell you whether or not these other uses would be covered by it. (no pun intended) Smile
inventoy
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: licensing opportunites Reply with quote

Hi Maniac,

Can you list some of the companies you have approached to try and licence this idea or are you looking to self produce with funding.

I may have some ideas, although you have probaby thought of most of them already

Inventoy
maniac
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: SeaSaver Reply with quote

The Seavsaver acts and functions like a normal boat hardtop. It is held to the frame by four clamps. Each clamp has a safety pin that has to be removed for the clamp to open. The Seasaver doesn't cost any more than a regular hardtop. The main purpose of the seasaver is to function as a lifeboat in an emergency situtation, but it can be used for other applications. Scuba drivers can use it as a equipment platform while also alerting boaters that drivers are nearby. It can be pulled behind a boat as a tabagon, not recommended, for fun. When it is on the boat it protects you from the sun or the rain
DannyB
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you approached West Marine? Have you approached any of the many custom T-Top manufacturers around the U.S. coastlines, such as Tops and Towers in Houston? Have you gotten any positive feedback from any of the boat manufacturers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> Inventor Classifieds All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: