Inventor Spot
Welcome to the Forum for Inventorspot.com.
Best Invention Website and Most Popular Forum and Website for Independent Inventors.

Want to connect with other inventors and innovators? Need advice about your invention idea and or need help with the invention process? If you need tips and other information on how to patent your invention idea, build prototypes, market and find licensing partners for your inventions, InventorSpot.com can help you.

Join us to discuss the latest invention events, invention contests and invention shows and chat about the latest inventions, innovations and ideas featured on InventorSpot.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome message for first time visitors!

My Invention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> Inventor Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maniac
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: My Invention Reply with quote

After Looking for a long time for someone or something to help me with my invention I came to the conclusion that nobody wants to buy into anything unless it's making money. They want to see how many you have sold on the market. I'm sure if I approach somebody with money and told them that I have sold or signed a contract for five thousand of them I would have them knocking my door down to give me money. Tha's how it works. Nobody is going to give you something for nothing. With that being said I'm going to do it the old fashion way. I'm going to build them myself, one at a time. When I sell the one I'll build two. When I sell two I'll build four, so on and so on. I know it will be slow, but at least something is getting done Then when it takes off I will choose who will help me.
DanDenney
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't know what your invention is I can't be sure my advice will help..... but I can sure feel your pain.
I still have two companies "looking" at mine, I will give them maybe another month and then I am going to "do it myself" also. As for my invention I have located (on line) at least two manufacturers in China that will engineer, build and assemble the main components of my invention in quantities of 100 and ship them here for less money than I can build them for myself.
They will not have enough information to know what the final product will be, I will complete the assembly and sell the product to my existing customers. ( I own a Handyman service)
Hopefully this will give you a new direction or at least a new thought,
good luck and don't give up.
Dan
Michelle
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to the both of you.

I am curious how you would go about selling them?

How others would suggest the best methods?
DanDenney
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My invention is a home improvement item that will retail around $200,
Since I own a Handyman service and see two or more customers a day Iwill start by telling them what I have , sell and install it through my existing business.
It is not available anywhere else, so I hope that referrals will create enough business for me to get a good start with it, from there a wb site..

That is not the way I prefer.... but it is an option.

Dan
maniac
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: My Invention Reply with quote

My invention is a boast top that can be detached form the boat and used as a lifwe raft in an emergeny situation.You can see a demostration of the prototype on "You Tube". Go to "You Tube" and type in the search window Seasaver. The video clip should come up. I welcome your feedback.
inventoy
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: sea saver - great idea Reply with quote

Hi Maniac,

Having spent a week or more in a 23 foot boat in the bahamas recently I can definately see the benefit of such an idea. The weather on some days was often not the best. Who says it never rains in the bahamas. It did when i was there. I have a few friends with friends in the marine industry. I will run the idea by them and we can see what happens. Let me know if this is ok by you.

Cheers,

Inventoy
maniac
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: SeaSaver Reply with quote

That is wonderful. I can use all the help I can get. I f you need more information just give me a post.Thank you
inventoy
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: sea saver Reply with quote

I will pass on the details to the people in the know and hopefully it will be fed on to the relevant bodies in the marine industry. If there is any interest then we can start the exchange of contact information.

Things sure do move slow over there so this may take a while...

I will keep you posted.

Inventoy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> Inventor Classifieds All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: