Inventor Spot
Welcome to the Forum for Inventorspot.com.
Best Invention Website and Most Popular Forum and Website for Independent Inventors.

Want to connect with other inventors and innovators? Need advice about your invention idea and or need help with the invention process? If you need tips and other information on how to patent your invention idea, build prototypes, market and find licensing partners for your inventions, InventorSpot.com can help you.

Join us to discuss the latest invention events, invention contests and invention shows and chat about the latest inventions, innovations and ideas featured on InventorSpot.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome message for first time visitors!

LegalZoom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> Scams, Cons, and Other Risks to Watch Out For
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zimexlady
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: LegalZoom Reply with quote

Anyone out there in InventorSpot used Legalzoom to process the paperwork for a patent? Would you please comment on their reliability as you experienced it?
capt wrongway
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Legalzoom Reply with quote

I did not like their customer service at all. The girl told me directly that " you have to submit illustrations with your application, it is the law". Come to find out, she was wrong. That really bothered me. They also took a month to file my first application. Obviously they make you buy their drawings to increase their sales.

I later found out from my brother in law (who is an attorney) that their firm actually sends everything to a place called 24hrpatent.com.! I used these guys recently and was satisfied. They filed my latest application in 1 day and sent me the US filing receipt the same day.

So, the long and short; I didn't get ripped off by legal zoom, but I found a much better and faster deal.

Cheers!
zimexlady
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Grateful for your experience Reply with quote

Thanks, Captain.........you have saved me time and money.
DannyB
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I like the idea of a Patent Application that is prepared and processed in one day,----maybe a Provisional, but not a Utility. I would be more comfortable knowing that a little more time and preparation was put into my application.
Work2XL
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zlady did you write your own patent application and have them review it or did they write it? If they wrote it, and it is published can you give a number so we can review thier work? I went to the site but it didn't load well on my work computer. I don't know if they list any patents they have written.

Randy
Work2XL
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zlady did you write your own patent application and have them review it or did they write it? If they wrote it, and it is published can you give a number so we can review thier work? I went to the site but it didn't load well on my work computer. I don't know if they list any patents they have written.

Randy
choose
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Worried! Reply with quote

Great site, i have just used Legalzoom as a service provider for my provisional patent application, its been 2 days now since, i must tell you though, i am a little worried about confidentiality, quality and competence after reading some negativity on the net. Any advice for me on steps to follow for precautionary measures will be greatly appreciated. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> Scams, Cons, and Other Risks to Watch Out For All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: