Inventor Spot
Welcome to the Forum for Inventorspot.com.
Best Invention Website and Most Popular Forum and Website for Independent Inventors.

Want to connect with other inventors and innovators? Need advice about your invention idea and or need help with the invention process? If you need tips and other information on how to patent your invention idea, build prototypes, market and find licensing partners for your inventions, InventorSpot.com can help you.

Join us to discuss the latest invention events, invention contests and invention shows and chat about the latest inventions, innovations and ideas featured on InventorSpot.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome message for first time visitors!

What can we do to help each other

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> General Invention Chat and Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you actually follow through with this type of chain letter?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5 Friend would too
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Work2XL
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: What can we do to help each other Reply with quote

I have two random thoughts that I tie together at the bottom. (I'm sure most of people reading this have brains wired the same way) Then took to the extreme.

Thought 1)
I was listening to the radio this morning. A guy called in with a patent question. I sent an instant message saying pick up the book "Patent it yourself" and also gave this website as a good resource. Both were mentioned on the air. Free plug on national radio.

Fast forward to lunchtime.

Thought 2)
I'm hungry I wish my grocery store still carried Sweet Sue Chicken and Dumplings. I'm going to have to call them and request it again for the next couple of weeks again.

Merge of 1 and 2.
What if we wrote, emailed and called NFLShop.com and requested the TakeaSeat from our good friend 5Rocks. How many would it take to make a difference?

Next Level.
What if we had a chain letter? You add your product information, your 2 target outlet (Stores) contact info min two forms (Phone, address, email, ect), Once we get it filled out with our products and the store we want to get into, we email the letter out to our members. Each member takes a few minutes and sends a few emails to makes a couple calls, to help out other members get their product in the market.

Extreme.
Each of us sends it out to 5 friends who will actually help us out and do the same thing.

Side benefit.
1) We get a pretty decent list of store contacts for different products, and buyer contacts for them.
2) I Spot is referred to 5 new people from each of us who actually do this.
3) We as inventors get a huge interested market asking for our product from out target stores. For free.

What say you all?

Randy
mojo62
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy,
My store sells Sweet Sue Chicken and Dumplings in the can. I can send you some. You will have to add shipping of course.

Something I miss is a BBQ potato chip which was the best I ever had. Have not had those in about 20 years. Use to get them in Missouri and don't see them there anymore. They were made by a company called Snaktime, had a hillbilly with a corncob pipe on the package.

The chain letter sounds like a good concept. What most people need is the money to manufacture so they can get it in the stores.

Now, back to the food, since you made me hungry !!! Smile
Michelle
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interesting concept. I think there may be the seed of something very interesting and possibly powerful here.

I'd be interested in exploring this further.

Just from a site centric point of view, it would be interesting for every inventor here to personally invite 5 folks to take a look at our site and inventors to join us.

In terms of requesting a product, I'd want to make sure that we actually had a real interest in the product before asking for it.

But this is similar to in concept to the idea I had of picking an invention every month from out site, everyone donating a dollar to the concept to get it going (and asking perhaps for five of your friends to do so), and if your invention ever gets to market and is successful, your blood oath that you would donate money every year to the Spot Inventor Fund to help fund the next round of worthy inventors.

Michelle
Work2XL
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea Michelle. My problem is I don't have 5 friends. Even if you count my 6 kids. Embarassed
Seriously, I'd be up for a dollar donation. $12 a year I'm pretty sure my accountant can budget around it. Just let me know who to write the check to.
As far as interest goes, in many cases, we could get sales if our product could make it on the shelf. I currently don't have a product that will sit on a shelf, but most here I would think it could help. How many products are here that are ready for at least small scale sales. (200 unit minimum)

Mojo,
I love Sweet Sue. The store here didn't carry it until I requested it about 10 times, then after several years, they dropped it again. I'd hate to have to go to another store for all my groceries just because they won't carry $5.00 worth of soup. I remember those chips from the midwest. Another product I can't find anymore is a type of root beer that was sasaphrass? or some other weird flavor.

Randy
Scrupulous
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like every aspect of the idea, Randy. I'd get behind it.

Heck, if it means buying a Take-a-seat once they come in, then so be it. (And, I don't even drive a truck.) That's what community is all about.

I just have one question...

Did anybody catch that Dallas game last night???
Work2XL
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they used all their luck for the year on that one game. T.O. did his best to throw the game, I bet someone's bet wasn't covered.

Randy
Scrupulous
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured something was up.

I do believe he was interfered with, in the end zone though.

But, we'll take the W. Razz
Michelle
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work2XL wrote:
I like your idea Michelle. My problem is I don't have 5 friends. Even if you count my 6 kids. Embarassed
Seriously, I'd be up for a dollar donation. $12 a year I'm pretty sure my accountant can budget around it. Just let me know who to write the check to.
As far as interest goes, in many cases, we could get sales if our product could make it on the shelf. I currently don't have a product that will sit on a shelf, but most here I would think it could help. How many products are here that are ready for at least small scale sales. (200 unit minimum)

Randy

I will look into the logistics of this and ask for more indications of interest.
If there is enough, maybe we can do something here.

Michelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inventor Spot Forum Index -> General Invention Chat and Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: