[NQV] SF visit (intro)

How time flies.  Another weekend has gone by, and so soon after
the Labor Day long weekend.  As I haven't heard/seen any report
(yet) on the events in SF last week, I suppose that everyone (at
least those on vn-gblf who made it there) are too busy recovering
from all the fun and excitement to say anything about it here on
vn-gblf. :-)

Mea culpa.  I too have been lying low ever since my return to
Boston on Tuesday evening.  I guess it's my turn to take a first
crack at reporting on the events over Labor Day weekend in SF,
in the hope of sharing the news and some personal experiences
with others on the list so as to encourage others to chime in
as well.

In brief, however short (3 days), my trip to SF this time was a
most memorable one, thanks to all the wonderful friends old and
new, near and far, that I got to meet during those precious few
days.  A few people deserve special mentioning and thanks here:
Alex Hoa and the Gay Vietnamese Alliance in Southern California
for the kind help in making it possible for me to undertake this
trip in the first place; Lee Ngo for the exemplary dedication to
the difficult (and too often underappreciated) task of drumming
up support for Face to Face magazine and coordinating the fourth
Golden Summer Night fund-raiser; GVA (So Cal) and QAVA (No Cal)
for the joint effort in organizing/running the fourth Viet Queer
conference; and, last but not least, Brian and Andrew for their
impeccable hospitality and camaraderie which has helped made my
stay in SF a comfortable and stimulating experience.

Once again, I'll be posting in sizeable chunks my recollections
in diary-like form.  There's much personal musings/reaction in
there, so you're free to skip them as necessary/desired.

I do hope, however, that my personal report on the events in SF
over Labor Day weekend, will elicit some feedback from others
who also attended it, as well as others who weren't there but
nonetheless find some of the details worth discussing.

Vinh Nguyen