delicious wound

I rather suspected we hadn't heard from Vinh for a while because he was
dating someone. Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out, Vinh.

I think finding the right one is so hard because there are multiple components:
Physical attractiveness, emotional attractiveness, sexual
compatability/attractiveness,
intellectual attractiveness, free-time compatability/attractiveness.  It is
rare to
get a hit on all of these.  Therefore the attraction almost always is a
compromise,
and compromise is hard to live with; it guarantees that somewhere you don't
get what
you want.  That is just your side.  The same factors go through your date's
head,
but with a different set of criteria, and probably a different compromise.
With 2
people, the chances of each set of criteria being met in enough areas
unfortunately
of course are not so big.
I suspect that some of these attractivenesses are more important than
others,
and that there is a better hope of eventually getting a match with a date on
these
important ones.
I hope you have better luck next time.
Mark