out to mom...

Despite how your Mom/sister/brother will "follow-up" after they have
some times to digest (so to speak) your affirmation, one good thing is
that "it" has came out - that they had asked and you had confirmed.

That BIG step is over! The rest, no matter how bad it will be, is
down hill from here on! Years from now, you think back and probably will
be thankful that your sister has kept asking and that you had confirmed
your sexuality.

There are those of us (like me) that are still in limbo - that we don't
have the guts to tell our families, and so we are still facing the daily
pressures of getting married, walking around wearing a straight-man's
mask, and at night crying in bed wishing that we don't have to live in this
miserable state of mind.

Be strong... You are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...

-Andrew.