Visit to VN

A couple years ago, my boy friend and I took a month off and we traveled
together to Vietnam.  It was his first time and my 3rd time back to visit, even
though I had never been in the North before. From Bangkok, we went to Vientienne
and spent a few days there and then flew to Hoi Noi and spent a week there.  We
took the train with sleeping berth to Hue, spent a few days, then we went to
Dang Nang and Hoi An.  After a few days we took a bus to Nha Trang and then flew
to Saigon.  We met with our friends from the US and spent the Christmas with
them in Saigon.   After that we went down to My Tho and the Mekong delta.
We brought with us the latest version of the Lonely Planet book for Vietnam &
Laos and just followed the guide book and some recommendations from other
travellers we met.  We had a wonderful time there.
Ha Noi, Hue, Hoi An and the Mekong delta (my birth place) were our favorite
places... In Vientienne and Saigon we rented motocycles and in Ha Noi, Hue, Hoi
An we rode bicycles.  The weather from the North, Central and the South could be
very different!
Happy travelling!
Lee