Re: Vietnamese vs English - noi lai and play languages

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Anonymous Poster wrote:

I think it is pure speculation on your part about no'i la'i ... The
orginal post of "Cu? chi" issue were posted by Vinh Q. Nguyen as an
example of popular literaure reference to homosexual content which is one
of Vinh's favorite topics.

I do not see any revelation of no'i la'i and homosexuality in Vietnam.
The only visibility of homosexuality in VN as far as the public's
perception is those who are transgendered, dress up in women's clothes and
act/talk like women.  This is only a small spectrum of homosexuality and
therefore does not represent Vietnamese homosexuality as a whole,
regardless ofhomosexuality in VN or outside VN (of Vietnameses).

==
Minh

--
MCVT MinhChau  GooFy GooF		University of California, Irvine