Chu'c mu+`ng na(m mo+'i (fwd)

Tuy co`n ddang kha(.c khu+` ca?m na(.ng (ca?m dda^y la` ca?m cu'm
chu+' cha(?ng dda`o dda^u ra ai dde^? ca?m ti`nh ca?!), nhu+ng xin
lo' dda^`u chia vui vo+'i mo.i ngu+o+`i ve^` vie^.c Vinh vu+`a thi
xong general exams tro't lo.t chie^`u ho^m qua.

Nha^n di.p Te^'t dde^'n, qua` mo.n cha(?ng co' gi`, xin che'p la.i
va`i do`ng tho+ cu~ go.i la` co' chu't chi la^'y tha?o giu'p mo.i
ngu+o+`i ddo'n xua^n ...

Vo^ dde^`

Co' pha?i xua^n ve^` thi` tha`o be^n khung cu+?a
ca^'t tie^'ng di.u da`ng trong na('ng so+'m tinh su+o+ng
cha`o mo^.t nga`y mo+'i giu+~a mo+ ma`ng su+.c ti?nh
bo+~ ngo+~ lo`ng ai cho+.t he' nu. mai va`ng ...

NQV 1/28/95 8:45 AM

Tha^n a'i,
Vinh

For the benefit of the non-Vietnamese readers, I'd like to
share to good news of my successful (albeit belated) completion
of general exams yesterday.  (Thanks to the well-wishers!)
On the eve of Lunar New Year, let me also share with you a
few old verses in the spirit of seasonal greetings, here are
two attempts at an English translation of that ditty above.
Happy Te^'t to you all!

Untitled (a)

Is it the return of spring murmuring over the window sills,
lifting its gentle voice through the dawning rays of morn
to greet a new day awakening in a start from its reverie,
that unveils in this heart a budding golden plum blossom ...

Untitled (b)

Is it spring on its return that murmurs over the window sills?
Lifting its gentle voice through the dawning rays of morn
to greet a new day that awakes in a start from its reverie,
it unveils in this bedazed heart a budding golden plum blossom ...

Regards,
Vinh