Re: Previous commentaries on-line

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Anonymous Poster wrote:

> I favour some process where what has been said previously is somehow
> made available to people at a later date.
>
> I personally have no problems in terms of the messages being able to
> identify me.  However I appreciate that some others, justifiably have
> more concern than I do.  Perhaps sender names could be stripped off
> messages before making them available.

*ALL* sender names to vn-gblf are already hidden and forward to the list
under "anon" token.

What  you do think about names/address mentioned  on the message body
itself?  Should we mask the john_doe@mail.com as something else like
user@nowhere?

Name mentioned in the body is eternally dificult to remove for the reason
that we donot have a program to find and remove/replace it.

I recomend that we have the archive avai under some passwd protection
in which passwd will be published for current member.  It is not going to
be a perfect method but we can limit access to a certain extend.

==
Minh

--
MCVT MinhChau  GooFy GooF		University of California, Irvine