A-list
mailing list archive

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]

Date:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Thread:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Index:  [ Author  | Date  | Thread  ]

Re: [A-List] William Engdahl? - Inquisition by evil gossip

Arno and A-List,

Firstly, where did I accuse anyone, other than Mr Larouche and EIR, of
anti-Semitism?  I just think someone should be open about their
affiliations, past or present.  Secondly, it seems a bit rich Engdahl
accusing me of trying to establish 'guilt-by-association' when the
methods of presentation used by Engdahl himself in his book include the
exposing of individuals through their associations and affiliations.  I
simply think one should be aware at all times of any hidden agendas
people may (or my not) have.  I don't think I can apologise for openly
drawing people's attention to what are facts.  What I will concede is
that my choice of adjectives in the original post may have been a bit
sensationalist - fair enough.

As far as Engdahl's writing itself, the quote that really rang alarm
bells for me (which I refrained from posting last time) comes from a
1996 essay on George Soros:

  "...[George] Soros is the visible side of a vast and nasty secret
network of private
financial interests, controlled by the leading aristocratic and royal
families of Europe, centered in the British House of Windsor. This
network,
called by its members the Club of Isles, was built upon the wreckage of
the
British Empire after World War II.

Rather than use the powers of the state to achieve their geopolitical
goals,
a secret cross-linked holding of private financial interests, tied to
the
old aristocratic oligarchy of western Europe, was developed. It was in
many
ways modeled on the 17th-century British and Dutch East India
Companies. The
heart of this Club of the Isles is the financial center of the old
British
Empire, the City of London. Soros is one of what in medieval days were
called Hofjuden, the "Court Jews," who were deployed by the
aristocratic
families.

The most important of such "Jews who are not Jews," are the
Rothschilds, who
launched Soros's career. They are members of the Club of the Isles and
retainers of the British royal family. This has been true since Amschel
Rothschild sold the British Hessian troops to fight against George
Washington during the American Revolution..."

http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/pen-l/1999m03/msg00128.htm

Now, such discourse - standard Larouchian fare - can certainly be
interpreted in different ways, but forgive me for wanting to know a bit
more about a chap when they come out with something like this.