A-list
mailing list archive

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]

Date:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Thread:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Index:  [ Author  | Date  | Thread  ]

Re: [A-List] Russia: The Fruits of Reform

Michael, responding to a forward of Nick Allen, comments
inter alia that the same thing is happening in Britain.  Michael
fingers Thatcherism as a large part of the cause.

Well, it's happening here too, Michael.  We don't yet have
quite as dramatic stories as Britain does, but we will.  Our
infrastructure is worn out (and is not being maintained/replaced)
and continuously deteriating at an alarming rate.  The Fedgov
imperialists are sucking this country dry, and the tragedy is they
will overreach abroad and fail, only to find their "homeland"
near ruin.  I fear the population will not focus on what is
happening to their own national estate until it is too late, i.e.
we're in a real depression which is coming.  Damn the money
monopoly for it's success in keeping the illusion of prosperity
alive, depriving people of the warning signals they need to hear
in order to correct the country's course........the US becomes more
degenerate by the second, alas.

Anne

PS  I remember the Finnish collapse very well, and at the time
commented on it demonstrating just how dependent Finland was
on Soviet communism.  I assure you that observation was not
well-received :-) among all those Harvard fraudulent and
opportunistic "free marketeers."  Ha!

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]