A-list
mailing list archive

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]

Date:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Thread:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Index:  [ Author  | Date  | Thread  ]

Re: [A-List] was: Moderator's Note...

No, it is not wrong in any law to disbeleive something until it is proven.
In fact the opposite is true. One cannot prive a negative. By senses I mean
anything that can be detected by our senses whether naked or assisted by
sophistcated machines.

But we are really quibbling here. The point is that there is a mterial
world. There is nothing outside it. Those who are theists beleive that there
is something outside the material world- the spirit or God or gods or
whatever you want to call these notions. But they are creations of the
imagination. It is not up to us who state the existence of a god is a human
construct to "prove" the non-existenceof God. One cannot prove a negative.
No, it is for those who say there is such a being to prove it to us who don
not accept such an idea. It can't be done. And since beleivers do not even
have a theoretical framework to indicate how such a being could exist or
where one might begin looking they have to fall back on the "faith" argument
which convinces no one except those who already beleive in this imaginary
world.

Chris