A-list
mailing list archive

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]

Date:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Thread:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Index:  [ Author  | Date  | Thread  ]

[A-List] News Coverage - Timing of First Missile Attacks

Living in Basel, we regularly watch news reports from CNN, BBC and a range
of Swiss, French and German channels.

Our clock-radio is tuned to a local Swiss-German service. This morning, at
about 6:30 am, we it broadcast a report from a Hochdeutsch speaking reporter
in Baghdad. He said that missiles had struck before the expiry of the
American ultimatum. If I remember correctly - I am not sure I was fully
awake - he said that it was about half an hour before the ultimatum ended.

Over breakfast, we watched BBC news, where Lise Doucette(?) - who, I feel,
normally does a good job - said that the attack came AFTER the end of the
ultimatum. Between the business of marmalade and seeing my wife off to
Lisbon, my attention was diverted, so I am not sure how long before the
deadline Doucette stated the attack occurred...A tenuous, residual thread of
memory suggests that she said "90 minutes", but of this I cannot be sure.

However, this is a point worth checking - and noting.

Salaam

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]