A-list
mailing list archive

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]

Date:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Thread:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Index:  [ Author  | Date  | Thread  ]

[A-List] NEPAD and Zimbabwe?

Lorna,

Thanks for the reply. Because I was educated in the United States, I think I
understand the problem. It's that deep-seated structural inability of US
liberal institutions to connect the dots, and then to dress up that
pathological failure--in the process, totally distorting power
relationships--using an open-minded-sounding discourse, for opportunistic
and
feel-good purposes.

It's a shame. I thought LCHR might have transcended that style. Your
relegitimation of the Bush regime and NEPAD does enormous damage.

Yours,
Patrick