A-list
mailing list archive

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]

Date:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Thread:  [ Previous  | Next  ]      Index:  [ Author  | Date  | Thread  ]

[A-List] Peak oil angst hits the NYT

Henry:
> The issue is not fundamental to the survival of capitalism
> which emerged before the discovery of oil as an industrial
> fuel. In fact, there is good evidence that peak oil will
> contribute to the perpetuation of capitalism.

As I mentioned many times before, on this issue I belong to the same camp
Henry belongs and would be very glad to see on the A-List a discussion on
the above topics.

Or simply put:

What do you expect to happen if we are at the Hubbert's peak?

As a caution: I am talking about expectations. I do not ask anybody to tell
us what will happen in the future since none of us knows that.

Lastly, what do you think about the below possibility?

Henry:
> In fact, all the exploitation on the misinterpretation of
> the term "peak oil" is designed to support the end of cheap
> oil, not the end of oil.

If so, are we not playing to their hands?

Best,

Sabri

Other Periods  | Other mailing lists  | Search  ]