Frank Talk on Gay Stereotypes

For long-time list members, I'm possibly still remembered ;) Here's a few
potentialy explosive questions.

On mentioning about vn-gblf, someone I know was quite uncomfortable about
knowing it. The stereotype in this case is the apparent perception that such
mailing list is often a place for .. well .. men looking for sex. There is
obviously a (prevalent?) stereotype about gay men being aggressive and quite
publicly so in seeking partner (of course, you need to relate to the view
and/or portrayal of homosexuality being a deviant/unnatural phenomenom to
understand the above stereotype -- men loving men seems more of a ruse than
sincerity, ie., gay relationship is more or less a satisfaction of sexual
perversity)

That may explain the "don't bother me, and I won't bother you" attitude wrt
homosexuality. Since the unnatural nature of homosexuality is now watered
down to some "rational" basis. Namely, you should be thankful that I'm not
morally condemning it, and in fact permitting your behavior as long as it
is out of my sight.

Thoughts from anyone on:

(*) How this perception of aggressiveness on the part of gay men looking for
sex may come about. Does this apply mostly for non-Asian men? How do Vietnamese
fellows connect with other gays? Is sexual promiscuity a general trait in
gay men?

(*) What can be done for people to relate to the notion of men loving men?
What's the typical issues and reaction by Vietnamese families and friends?

(*) Does this "rational" bigotry make any sense?

If possible, do share some frank views/feedback and/or personal experience
that somewhat and/or hopefully communicate the issues and essence of loving
as related to non-heterosexual realm.  If anyone feels like flaming, it'd
help kicking the dogs before responding.  I, too, come heavily equipped ;)

Regards,
777