[ADMIN] List Ops & How to Est. Private Contact

Hi all, a few things came up that a brief recap on list operation is in order.

In this message: (1) A brief discussion on list logistics and its idiosyncracy
so that we can set that *Free* thread free, and (2) a note on how to establish
private contact with someone. To post to the list, simply send to the list
address <email> of course.

Please understand that the logistics of the list is such that:

1. members do not have means to select messages to read *OTHER* than what's
stated in the subject header. This is because all originating details are
stripped. In other lists, we _can_ choose messages based on favorite authors,
etc ...

Thus in many cases, people wishing to stay informed have to scan/read all
messages sent to the list. As such, it is understandably frustrating to find
out after a (long?) message that the content, however wonderful, does not apply
nor is useful in practical terms.

Per earlier discussion, the list has adopted recommended guideline in subject
headers, amnong them:

[HOT] for flames or hot messages
[4PARTNER] [4FRIEND] -- self-explanatory
[EV-locale] .. self-explanatory

NOTE: There may be an oversight by Vn-Gblf Admin for (1) not updating the
FAQs and charter to reflect the above info (updates to FAQs and charter are
understandably slow :)) and perhaps for (2) not having these FAQs and
Charter automatically sent out upon admission. If either is the case, please
be forgivingly patient.

It should be noted that nothing is ever required around here. Please use
the suggestions as fit as idiosyncracies in list logistics become clearer.

2. There's no way to privately address a writer *unless* he/she publicizes
his her email in the message body. A message to the list is anonymous and
transparent to everyone. I'd suggest the following procedure in establish
private contacts with somenoe who sent in a message without author email:

a. Make known your own email address, OR

b. Give admin your email address and ask XYZ to contact admin for yours if
you wish to remain confidential. <email> is more than glad
to serve as go between in these cases, where members wish to remain anonymous.
time constraints on other matters. The option, however imperfect, DOES exist,
and that is important for us all to know.

In short, administrative questions and requests are to be sent to owner-vn-gblf
All communication to admin alias remain confidential and thus the admin can
function and would gladly help in relaying information.

Just so we're all on the same understanding about list operations.

Best wishes,
Vn-Gblf