Re: [ADMIN] List Ops

Essentially, EV is abbreviation for event :) Sorry about its terseness,
but real estate in subject header field is valuable as you may guess.
Announcing events in Australia would help if the message's subject says
sumthin' like:

[EV-AUSTRALIA] Gay Pride Parade
[EV-Sydney] Gay Pride Parade

Of course, if the city is reasonably well known, there's no need for
specifying the country. Given the concentration of gblf activities
in the Bay Area (which includes San Francisco, Hayward, Oakland, and
San Jose -- cities in California, USA), non-US members may see stuff
like [EV-BAYAREA] and/or [EV-OC] for events in Orange county (down in
Los Angeles, California, US and 6 hours from the Bay Area)

Sorry for the apparent US-centric nature of the above suggestions. However,
the fact that the US, and California in particular is quite diverse and
strong in gblf activities, you can imagine the ludicrously frivolous subject
header that runs [EV-OC-CA-USA] :)

When/if the locale is well known and strong for gblf events then it
makes great sense to abbreviate :) Anyhow, just some tip on the locale
would help a great deal in identifying the usefulness oof the message.
Like most things around here, simply rely on your intuition.

Sorry for the usual excessive verbosity :) Did I sorta answer ya anyway? :)

Cheers
KA