Frank Talk on Gay Stereotypes

I have a negative image when it comes to portraying gay men.  I look down
on gay men and their behaviors/activities.  I think that they are selfish
and DESPERATE.  Many examples come to mind:

1)  Gay men lack self-respect and respect for other gay men.  I've seen
many instances when a guy will be approached once his date/boyfriend
leaves to go to the bathroom or to buy a drink.  This shows cowardice,
shamelessness, and desperation.  I see this and I think, "Have some
self-respect." or, "Why don't you go find your own boyfriend?!?"

2) The community exists on a constant feeding frenzy - mostly on its
young.  Nuturing does not exists and is not even promoted.  Young gay men
have no one to look up to and they are usually befriended for sex.  I
believe the elder should act responsibly to set an example for the
younger gay generation, to use their experience and knowledge to educate
and advice.

3)  Gay Pride Parade:  Guys walking around exposing their crotches and
bare ass, and the most popular booths are ones of penis-enlarging pumps
and leather whips.  Is that something to be proud of?

Who am I to say this?  I'm a 26yo, gay Vietnamese guy who came out at the
age of 14.  I was raised with traditional values and I'll stick by them
to the very end.  It's interesting to read some of the petty and
irrelevant things that are said on here (like someone whining about
having to read about a LA posting) - it makes me wonder how some of us
set our priorities.

<email>