Re: Frank Talk on Gay Stereotypes

To this response:

Dave wrote:

> I don't think I am being overly critical.  I base my opinion on what I've
> experienced and witnessed over a period of twelve years.  What I've
> stated earlier are facts, not some made-up generalization I read or heard
> somewhere.  Read what I said earlier, my opinion's on gay men's
> behavior/activities, not on any lack of tolerance or intelligence.  I
> respect your opinion and your point is taken, but try to read what I've
> said before you try to address it.

You are taking my comment in a wrong context. Actually, my statement was
without a clear context and thus your response. I've been observing this
particular thread. It has come down to a lamentation to the lack of role
models. I find that to be a pessimistic sentiment that arises from a
tendency to be critical without recognizing that there are a whole lot to
be optimistic about ...

*I* saw optimism very clearly (i.e., much to be optimistic about since the
thread dispels some stereotypes and confirms some suspicions about the
gay community being no different). I love the critical nature of this thread,
but I also wish we approach it more realistically, rather than generally
pessimistically.

That was all.