Re: Ouch ...

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Anonymous Poster wrote:

> Dear Too Tired To Be Sad,
> What's about friendship and growth?  Sometimes, it is tragically funny to
> believe that the world is divided between lovers and ennemies.  If one is not
> one, then one must be the other, and there is no in-between.  Maybe it's
> about time that we all try something different.  Besides friendship, growth
> is a great consolator, bypassing the old man "Time".  Focus on the positive
> energy of living and learning!  Instead of looking through life experience as
> a serie of failures, imagine it as a discovery, a marvel that one is still
> capable of feelings again.
> Too Tired To Be Sad Too.

I think when one is/has been too much of a lover, it's hard to then be
friends.  Love and hate is a fine line to tread.  Friendship, growth,
positive energy...YES!  GReat!  But what do you do when you are tossing
and turning in the depths of night and all you can think about is that
there used to be someone who loved you (whom you loved) and made you feel
less alone in the world?

I guess I haven't gotten to the section along the path where I can "feel"
again (if "feel" means sensing something more than just a dull ache).

-- D.
(btw, this list is great.  Thanks for being here.)