No Subject

I wanted to share one type of response to an "American" trying to speak
an Asian language

"I have just got your Chinese Christmas card. I was delighted to see that
you put down the Chinese translation of your first name.  Someone may have
told you this before: many, like me, are always very pleased to hear
or see an American writes or speaks our own native languages. When that
happens, there is a instant draw of us toward that person. I am sure you
may have noticed this type of response from many of your Oriental friends
in many gatherings. (Being able to write or speak in some's native language
is much a step higher than just being attracted to that particular group of
people. It in some way reflects the sincerity of the person towards the
group of people he is attracted to. Well, at least this is my
interpretation and I do not think I am too far off.)"

Minh/Mark Mpls