Re: Ouch ...

At 07:48 AM 10/7/96 +0000, you wrote:
>On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Anonymous Poster wrote:
>
>> Other than time, is there any other tried and true prescription
>> to help one through the inevitable end of something which wasn't
>> meant to be ... now that it's over ....

But it was meant to be. It WAS and you learned from it. It just wasn't
meant to be forever! Meditate on what you learned and be honest with
yourself and you will find that you have received a permanent gift (I know!
it wasn't what you wanted.). It's like getting socks and underwear for
Christmas when you wanted an electric train.

I, in my youth, spent three years clinging to a "love that was not meant to
be". Krishnamurti once said that "desire is death" and it took me a long
time to understand what he meant. I think I know. Life is a series of
delightful suprises if you are open to them (like a child). If you instead
close yourself to all but a repeat of a past incident you enjoyed, you are
like a child which refuses to eat anything new; you are not in the stream of
life; you are dead. We take pleasure in an art museum, even though we can't
take the paintings home and own them forever ourselvees (we must leave them
in the museum and share them). Life has shown you a glimpse of it's greatest
beauty, love. You must be grateful for what you have seen and learned. You
must be open and trust that life will continue to show you what you need.
You must accept the truth that all is transitory.

I hope life brings you many more glimpses of it's profound beauty and that
you find your joy in sharing it, adding to it, and passing it along for others.